Thursday, October 21, 2010

Accomodations On The Atchafalaya River



On the banks of the Atchafalaya River, is an interesting town surrounded by the largest river basin swamp in North America.

If you have ever wanted to spend the night on a houseboat,



or visit a wilderness area with hundreds of species of migratory birds,



and hunting and fishing oportunities on everyside,


this may be the place for you.

Hiking trails, paddling trails,





swamp tours,




birdwatching, nature-study,

photography, eat exotic foods like fresh caught, boiled crawfish,

honky tonk dance halls, all of these are in the Butte La Rose area.




And if you just want to get away from it all in a quiet, peaceful, wilderness area with modern comforts...Let me show you something.



Butte La Rose is primarily weekend hunting and fishing camps, but some people are permanent residents and have built some impressive and comfortable accomodations.




I have several homes being offered year round as a weekend get-aways in My Wild Louisiana.

Jeanne's Camp for instance is for our visiting guests who want to "rough it" in the wild comfortably.


The outdoor dining area,




complete with full kitchen and downstairs bathroom.



The view from the outdoor dining area.




The view from the upstairs back porch as seen above, stirs my heart, because I have so many fond and very early memories of my travels on the Atchafalaya River as a young boy.

Coming in from the backporch, the main kitchen upstairs offers marble countertops,



is spacious and well organized with

.
a Jenn Air stove,




and adjoins the living room.


The living room



and dining area




are all under a cathedral ceiling.



As cozy and inviting as the living room is, I am in awe of the porches.



Upstairs,



and downstairs both are in full view of the Atchafalaya River, and open to the expanse of wilderness and wide-open spaces, evident everywhere you go in Butte La Rose.

Jeanne's camp is available for lease with or without live-in cook for 2 nights minimum.

Cost is $1,500 per night and discounts are available for full week and monthly leases are also an option. Of course the longer you stay, the better the daily rate.

I have several other smaller camps for less money and they will be featured as soon as I can get them posted.

You can call me @ 337 298 2630 if you would like to discuss my hosting a Louisiana Experience weekend for you, your group or family. You name your adventure and I will make it happen. I can arrange transportation, food, attractions, with music, dancing, gambling, art galleries, antique shopping, plantation homes, museums, festivals, hunting, fishing, hiking, biking, camping.

You tell me what you want!

No comments: