Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A Voice Of The People In South Louisiana

A Lake Martin swamp sunset


Photo by Claude Nall


OK, I'll keep it short here because this blog was set up to promote the history, culture, wilderness and people of Louisiana. And if you scroll down to the next post you can see who I am, and what I have to offer you on some other issues.

I am a political person, and I couldn't resist sharing here as a Lafayette local says it all musically, in front of Obama's oil spill commission at the Hilton Hotel in New Orleans.

So what does this have to do with My Wild Louisiana?

Katrina and the government/corporate bungling after it, hurt me and a lot of other small busineses in south Louisiana. I was out of the swamp tour business for nearly three years because people just stopped coming to south Louisiana.

Presently the oil spill is threatening more than just our coastal wilderness.

The oil spill hasn't shut me down yet, as I am still doing my world famous swamp tours, but we are watching this oil spill situation closely.

In the end, hopefully we can use this oil spill, like Katrina,
to make Louisiana a better place for wildlife, and us to live and for you to visit.

Here is my friend, Drew Landry.


Enjoy


This You Tube video was pulled from a C-Span broadcast:

No comments: